Jodi Van Tine, DVM, MA, CVA, CVCVHM
Jodi Van Tine, DVM graduated from UC Davis in 1994. Doctor Van Tine has been at Folsom Veterinary Hospital for 17 years. Along with practicing general medicine she is certified in acupuncture and Chinese Herbal Medicine. She received her Acupuncture certification through the International Veterinary Acupuncture Society (IVAS) in 2006, and certification in Chinese Veterinary Herbal Medicine (CVHM) through the College of Integrative Veterinary Therapy in 2009.
Interests: 12 yr. old son, Tai Chi, and tropical fish
Heidi Tijsseling, DVM
Heidi Tijsseling, DVM graduated from UC Davis in 2006. She has been at Folsom Veterinary Hospital for 7 years but has been in the veterinary field for over 31 years. Dr. Tijsseling comes to us with a wide variety of experience in Veterinary Medicine. Dr. Heidi loves surgery and has since become our head surgeon.
Interests: Riding her horses and her Harley, camping, scuba diving, kayaking, and paragliding.
Shirley Fischer, DVM
Shirley Fischer, DVM graduated from UC Davis in 1991. She has been at Folsom Veterinary Hospital for 25 years. Dr. Fischer is an excellent surgeon, internist and just loves pets.
Interests: Her own pets, singing in church choir.
Eugenia (Genie) Cobb-Hamilton, Hospital Administrator Genie Cobb-Hamilton has been at Folsom Veterinary Hospital since 1980. Dr. Cobb and Genie, his daughter, worked together for 15 years. While the town of Folsom grew, Folsom Veterinary Hospital was growing into a thriving three Veterinarian practice. Dr. Cobb, passed away in 1995. Since then Genie has owned and operated Folsom Veterinary Hospital.
Dominic Widmer, VPM – Practice Manager Dominic has been at Folsom Veterinary Hospital since 1993, 22 years. Dominic is responsible for the smooth operation of the hospital, facilities and inventory.
Alla Makovsky– Head Technician Alla has been at Folsom Veterinary Hospital for 17 years. She emigrated from the Ukraine where she was a veterinarian. Allais our head technician and an important member of the FVH surgical team.
Mark Barnett, Kennel & Laser Technician
Mark is attending Sierra College and has a major in biology. He has been a member of the team for 2 years. He does our laser treatments on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
Alana Burtlow, RVT Alana has been at Folsom Veterinary Hospital since 1992. She is Registered Veterinary Technician with the State of California. She is an integral part of FVH operations; from serving our clients and helping with veterinary tech responsibilities.
Charles Maas – Front Office Charles has been at Folsom Veterinary Hospital for 12 years. He loves, loves, loves the animals and they love him back. Chuck works the front desk 90% of the time the other 10% he is visiting with the pets. He is also one of our laser technicians.